Have you ever felt that your PC or laptop screen is smaller to watch Movies or play games? If yes then probably you wanted to watch movies or games on the large screen then you need to Cast your Computer screen to the large TV screen from Windows 10.
Chromecast App for Windows 10 is the perfect solution for those who want to cast their screen to a Large TV screen or Projector screen. Also, you can present your presentation to a number of people in the auditorium room using Laptop.
So, if you want to know how to set up Chromecast App for Windows 10 then in this article, we are going to share the step by step method to Chromecast App setup for Windows 10 and how to cast it from your PC to the projector screen.
Prerequisite for Chromecast App setup for Windows 10
Before diving into the setup process, you need to ensure that you have already cast your PC/Laptop screen to the large screen.
- Chromecast device
- PC with Installed windows 10 OS
- Chrome browser should in installed on your Windows 10 OS
If you have all these items then you are ready to process the step by step guide to cast your screen using Chromecast App for Windows.
How to Set Up a Chromecast App for Windows 10?
Follow the below steps to Setup Chromecast App for Windows 10 to projector TV on large screen.
- First of all, connect the Chromecast device to the power cable using the USB port and Connect the HDMI socket into the HDMI port of the TV. Please find the below image for reference.
- Now use the TV remote to change the Active screen of your TV. You need to ensure that in which HDMI port you have connected with Chromecast Device. Select that HDMI screen to live on your TV screen. Means if you have connected Chromecast Device into HDMI port 2 then select the HDMI 2 Screen to see the shared screen by your PC.
- Now Proceed to the Chromecast App download on your PC or Laptop.
- To download Chromecast App, you need to install the chrome browser if you don’t have it already downloaded.
- Now go to the chromecast.com/setup and install the google home application.
- Now open the chrome browser and go to the setting option at the upper right corner.
- It will start scanning the available devices for connecting. If your Chromecast device is powered ON then its name will be shown. Click on its name and connect the device with Chromecast app and click on the Set me Up.
- Now your Chromecast device is settled. After that you need to click on the Wi-Fi Icon located on the Screen and click on the name of the Chromecast Name.
- As soon as you connect to the Chromecast device then click on the next button. Then you need to enter the name of the Device and then click on the next button.
- In the next step, it will be asked to enter the password. Enter your Wi-Fi password and Confirm the connection.
- As soon as the Wi-Fi is connected, your laptop or PC screen will be cast to the projector or TV screen.
Benefits of Chromecast App for Windows 10
- You can cast your Laptop/PC screen to the TV
- Enjoy the Large screen movie watching experience.
- Best for presentation screening on a large screen in the auditorium hall with full control.
- Easy process to cast your screen to projector
- Play YouTube Videos and music played through your PC
How to install the Chromecast extension in Windows 10 in Google Chrome?
If you are using chrome browser on windows 10 then probably you already have inbuilt Chromecast extension available in the browser. But if you don’t have then you should try to update the Chrome browser first. If you are still not able to get the Chromecast extension then follow the below procedure.
- Firstly, open the chrome browser from your PC.
- Navigate to the Option button of the chrome at the upper right corner seen as three dots.
- Click on it and then search for the option that says “Cast…”
- Click on that option. It will open the popup icon as shown in the above image.
- Click on the Cast icon and It will open up another popup menu
- As shown in above image, select the option “Always Show icon”
- After selecting this, the cast icon will be set at the right side of the address bar. You can click it and cast your web page instantly to the projector screen.
How to cast Videos using Chromecast App for windows 10?
If you want to know how to cast any video using Chromecast app for Windows 10, then follow the below steps:
- Open the PC and open the Chrome browser on your PC
- Follow the path: More>> Cast. It will search for the available network devices which can be connected via Chromecast App.
- Connect the device in which you want to cast the screen.
- Make sure that if you already have connected before then it will directly start casting your PC screen to the large TV screen.
- After you finish the Cast screen, again click on the cast icon and click on the Stop Casting.
If you want to know how to Setup a Chromecast App for Windows 10 then you have now enough information about it. Along with that you also need to know that you can install the Chromecast Extension in the google chrome to instantly cast your screen to the projector screen or TV screen through your Laptop or PC. If you are using Windows 10 and still you can see the Cast option in the Chrome setting then you should update your chrome browser then it will show to your browser setting itself.